Pharmaceutical Water Treatment
Pharmaceutical wastewater streams can be difficult to treat with conventional physical/chemical and biological treatment systems. High chemical oxygen demand (COD), variable strength waste streams, and shock loads are just a few of the conditions that limit the effectiveness of these conventional systems. Physical/chemical systems are a common method of treating pharmaceutical wastewater; however aerobic treatment systems are also used extensively, often with limited success due to the final clarification step. The clarifiers are susceptible to sludge bulking and variations in total dissolved solids, often associated with batch process production, , system results are limited due to high sludge production and relatively low efficiency of dissolved COD removal. Biological which can cause destabilization of bacterial floc formation, with a consequential loss of biomass in the final effluent. These systems require constant operator attention to adjust chemical dosing for the daily, even hourly changes in influent flow.
Aguapuro Equipments provide the best Pharmaceutical Water Treatment in Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Nashik, Chennai, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Gujarat, Karnataka at best cost .It is the best Pharmaceutical Water Treatment supplier and manufacturer company in Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Nashik, Chennai, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Gujarat, Karnataka.
Characteristics of pharmaceutical wastewater
- In general, the composition of pharmaceutical wastewater is complex, which has high concentration of organic matter, microbial toxicity, high salt, and it’s hard to biodegrade
- In addition, most of pharmaceutical factories are batch process, and there are different raw materials and production process, which causes huge varieties in different wastewater
- Provided a summary of the characteristics of pharmaceutical wastewater Biopharmaceutical wastewater is characterized as strong fluctuation in quantity, low C/N, high SS concentration, high sulfate concentration, complicated composition, biological toxicity and high chroma. Chemical pharmacy is lack of nutrition, hard to biodegrade and toxicity to microbiology, and it also has high salt content. The characteristics of the wastewater of Chinese patent medicine is containing sugar, glycosides, organic pigment, anthraquinone, tannins, Alkali content, cellulose, lignin and other organic matter
Methods of Advanced treatment of pharmaceutical wastewater
- In recent years, the main emphasis of the scientific research and engineering application has shifted to advanced treatment of pharmaceutical wastewater, which main method is physicochemical technology
- It means that wastewater is treated by physical or chemical methods, like coagulation and sedimentation, flotation, activated carbon adsorption, advanced oxidation processes, membrane separation.
- Coagulation and sedimentation
- Activated carbon adsorption
- Advanced oxidation processes
- Wet air oxidation
- Supercritical water oxidation
- Fenton reagent
- Photocatalytic oxidation
- Ultrasound oxidation
- Electrochemical oxidation